YCSO press release today:
The Yamhill County Sheriff’s Office will increase patrols over the Labor Day Weekend in an effort to minimize and reduce the negative impact of impaired drivers on law abiding motorists. These extra patrols will take place September 4th to September 6th, 2020.
If you plan to host a party or attend a party where alcohol is being served you can take some precautions beforehand to avoid what could be a deadly end to the night.
* If you host a party and provide alcohol, make sure to also include food and non-alcoholic beverages. Monitor your guest’s alcohol consumption and take the keys from a guest who has had too much.
* Use public transportation or a taxi;
* Ask a friend who has not been drinking for a ride home;
* Promote the use of designated drivers and stop impaired family or friends from driving;
* Always wear your seatbelt.
If you see a suspected impaired driver please call 9-1-1 and report them. Some signs to look for are:
* Swerving or weaving in and out of a lane;
* Stopping abruptly at traffic signs or signals;
* Making unusually wide turns;
* Driving over curbs;
* Driving with headlights off at night.